In a fit of masochism, I’ve decided to try a 30-Day Writing Challenge. Join me! You can comment here with your own responses to the day’s prompt.
- Five problems with social media.
- It can become overwhelming. It takes a lot of time for me to keep up with my personal and professional social media.
- It can be a time suck. I don’t want to know how many hours I’ve spent playing on social media when I could have been doing something more productive.
- It can be destructive. Because of the nature of social media, some people are tempted to use it in harmful ways. It gives trolls and others free rein.
- It can be misleading. Because it’s so fast and unmediated, social media lends itself to fast rumors and misinformation.
- It can mangle language. I wince at all the misspellings and grammatical errors–especially when I’ve made them!