I’ve begun my year productively, submitting my 14th novel, finishing the galley proofs on another novel, and completing the first draft of a novella. All while suffering with a cold because yes! I am that studly.
Another thing I recently did was finish listening to K.C. Kelly’s narration of Rattlesnake. I knew he’d do a wonderful job, but he actually exceeded my expectations. It’s a longish book but I did a bunch of extra walking (I only allow myself listen to audiobooks if I’m walking) just to hear him read.
I thought it would be fun to celebrate the new year and my recent productivity, and I have a copy of the Rattlesnake audiobook to give away! How can you have a chance at winning? Comment here with an m/m romance-related haiku. We’ve done this before and it was really fun. The rules:
- Enter by commenting here with your haiku
- Must conform to traditional haiku format (3 lines: 5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables) as in the examples below
- Must have something to do with m/m romance
- Must be your own original work
- May concern m/m romance in general or include specific characters (mine or another author’s)
- Include your email at the end so I can reach you if you win
- You may enter as many times as you wish
- Entries close January 17 at noon, PST
- Entries will be evaluated by a panel of judges (yet to be determined). Winner gets the audiobook. The judges’ determination of a winner is final.
- Have fun and please spread the word!
A cold virus makes
Me sick. But at least my muse
Seems to be immune.
Jimmy acquired a
Cowboy kink. Shane uses this
To his advantage.
9 thoughts on “Haiku contest!”
There are four here. Pick your fave if you want; I just wanted to make a kind of story.
I am his villain.
We obliviously love.
He is the hero.
He patches me up.
He doesn’t know who I
Am. Neither do I.
The battle goes on.
Must we finish this?
My roommate, my friend.
My lover until the end.
Destroy me. I’m here.
He is my best friend
And I am his male best friend
But I love him more
Do not call me dude.
We are lovers not guy friends.
Do not call me dude.
He first saw him pissing.
He was so crass but also hot.
Now he is his husband.
[Good Bones inspired <3]
He came from outer space
His name is John who loves writing
He wants to go home
[Another one 🙂 Astounding! inspire]
His mask is his protection
The man keeps a lot of secrets
Until he fell in love.
another one with “Venetian Masks” in mind ^__^
Once a man alone/ lover and friend become one/ now a pair is made
He is without love/ He love to give another/ Love shared and taken
life had him beaten /but with his love beside him/ he can now stand tall