Today’s player is A.D. Ellis!
- You’ve just met an alien from a planet where there’s no such thing as fiction writing. Explain to him/her/it/them why humans read made-up stories. I would have the alien describe to me all of the mundane, painful, and difficult things beings on his planet have to deal with on a daily basis. Then I would offer him the chance to escape, even if just for a few moments, from the negativity. I’d show him how disappearing into a different world can transport and free your heart and mind.
- Is there a New Year’s resolution you’ve made more than once? Did you keep it? Oh, the usual eat better, exercise more is always there. And I do keep it, but different years have varying results. I made a resolution to floss my teeth everyday about ten years ago, and I’ve stuck with it since then. That’s the only resolution I’ve been completely successful in maintaining.
- Pick any place in the world to spend the next 6 months. Where is it and why? A beach somewhere. I don’t even care where, as long as the weather is beautiful. Oh, and there needs to be built in staff to care for my children, cook, clean, and provide activities. Electricity and WiFi are a must so I can continue working on stories. Hubby and the kids can come, but I want my own “Me Hut” separate from them for when I need to write.
- You have just won a lifetime supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat. Your response? Mmmm, gotta love the carbohydrate-laden, broth flavored goodness of the iconic San Francisco treat. I haven’t had that stuff forever, but I really do like it. I’d probably be sure to donate some to food pantries. I mean, there’s only so much Rice-A-Roni a person can eat, and I’m one to share the wealth.
- What is your favorite procrastination method? Facebook, naps, reading…I’m pretty good at it. But, in reality, I don’t like to procrastinate much. If something is due on Friday, I want it done last week.
- What is your most dreaded household chore? Your favorite? Um, all of them? I sort of suck at the whole domestic goddess role. I hate to cook, hate to clean bathrooms, hate to dust. You get the picture. I hate putting laundry away, but as far as washing and “folding” the laundry, I don’t mind that part.
- What was your favorite school subject? Least favorite? Favorite was always reading. Least favorite was always math.
Book buy links:
At this time, my books are available on all platforms. I do plan on going to Kindle Unlimited for a while with my Male/Male titles. I’m unsure of whether the MM titles will stay exclusive with KU.
A.D. Ellis spends the majority of her days loving and wrangling two school-aged children and a husband before heading to the inner city of Indiana to teach a challenging group of alternative education students in grades third through sixth. Most days she hits the gym after school in hopes of running and lifting away the stress and headaches of the day before picking up her children and squeezing a whole day’s worth of loving and living into the too-short hours before bed. It’s no wonder Ms. Ellis lives for the slower, easier days she gets to enjoy on breaks from school.
Growing up in a small farming town in southern Indiana, A.D. is grateful to her mother for passing along the love of reading. With her nose constantly stuck in a book, Ms. Ellis became accustomed to friends and acquaintances snickering and shaking their heads at her love of reading.
A.D. never dreamed of being anything but a teacher, although there are certain times of the year when she laments her career choice. Ms. Ellis had a story idea floating in her head for about a year. After persistent prodding from a friend, A.D. put pen to paper and began writing her first story in October 2013. From that moment on, she was hooked. Taking the people and stories from her head and sharing them with readers is a scary, exhausting, rewarding, and fulfilling experience which A.D. plans to continue until there are no more stories banging around in her mind.
A.D. Ellis’ work can be found on both iBooks and Amazon. Please contact her on Facebook, Twitter, or her website.