Today’s player is F.E. Feeley, Jr.!
- What is your superpower? My superpower is being Don Quixote.
- Write a haiku poem about your favorite beverage. Nope. No Haiku. But I will give you a poem I wrote when I was drunk on Johnny Walker:
chase memory through the wildflowers
down by the stream and across the covered bridge
stand in the in-between place – between sun and the shadow
and remember the dragonflies alight on lily-pads
florescent blue upon emerald green
Remember the feel of the worn sun-bleached wood
as you slipped off your sandal to touch barefoot
and how you jerked it back up quickly with a hiss
but not before you felt the smoothness almost softness of the plank
Remember the smell of the water all around you
as stream fed the pond fed the lake that surrounds
and the smell of sun dried earth and freshly cut grass, drift
as a john deer moans across the path and down the hill a way
it’s a Thursday, and you’re playing hooky and its summertime
and your young but not in love and so your burdens are light
and your skin is so much tighter, and your smile is still quick to wrinkle your nose
and easy as the warm day resting now upon your shoulders
Twenty-one, maybe, no more than twenty-three to be sure
open to everything and everyone around you at this tender age
Not knowing that this moment will be recalled days and laugh lines and gray hairs later
as if you were a dusty camera plucked off a shelf in the hands of someone who needs a smile
And perhaps you’ll only revisit this memory once
then again perhaps you’ll come back again and again
when the smell of cut grass, or the sound of water rushing
reminds you of that in between place when a moment you so quickly barely witnessed yet can recall so vividly
so much so you can almost feel the burning of your foot
3. What is your worst habit? Your best one? My worst habit is needing to be right around the wrong people. And my best, is being right around the wrong people.
4. Pick a politician and give him or her one piece of really good advice. Dear Donald, Fire your staff. You’re going to go down in the history books as the worst president we ever had. You don’t have to quit. Just get better people around you.
5. Someone is writing your biography. What’s the title? And who plays you in the movie?The Title is : The Greater Fool. Actor: Some Unknown.
6. One of your characters is running for political office. Who is it and what’s the office? Sherriff Hale Davis from The Haunting of Timber Manor. He’s running for Mayor.
7. If you could choose anyone on the planet to narrate an audio version of your latest book, who would it be? Judy Dench.
8. You’ve been invited to a party being held by your boss. Which of your characters will you take with you as your guest? Adam from Still Waters, Christopher from The Haunting of Timber Manor, and the Demon from Objects in the Rearview Mirror. I don’t like my boss.
9. Aside from writing, in what ways are you creative? This is it. I’m a one trick pony.
10. Warm weather or cold? Warm. Cold hurts.
Book blurb: Promise, Michigan is very much like every other small town across the state. Built on the edge of a lake, the homes sit in neat little rows in cute little neighborhoods. During the summer Promise bustles with tourists who come to spend their vacation dollars and enjoy the lake’s refreshingly cold water. But Promise holds a terrible secret. In the center of the lake is an abandoned island where a curse is rumored to wait for victims, unabated and deadly. Most think it’s just a story, something used to keep kids out of trouble. Still, everyone gives it a wide berth. Everyone except Bret and Adam. They dare to venture out the night of Bret’s birthday. When they declared their love and promise to get married, they believe no one else heard their whispered words—but they are wrong. Five years later Adam dies, and Bret returns to his family to heal. But someone is killing the people of Promise in random acts of violence. Bret, with the help of FBI agent Jeff McAllister, must discover the identity of a murderer with death on his mind and revenge in his heart.
Book buy links: https://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/books/still-waters-by-fe-feeley-jr-by-f-e-feeley-jr-2764-b
Author bio: First and foremost, I am a husband to my wonderful husband, John. I am a father of our five-year-old German Shephard, Kaiser. I am an avid reader of Mysteries, Horror, and Suspense, and biographies. I am a gamer. My favorite ones are Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Star Trek Online,Skyrim, Assassin’s Creed, Fallout, and Civilization Five. I love to cook and I love trying new recipes (hint hint). I am an avid music junkie from POPular music to Opera, to Showtunes, Gospel, Rock, Rap, and Hip Hop. I am also a Poet – a lot of which is offered on this web page for free. And I do some gay fiction writing from time to time.
I love connecting with people. As an ex- fundi, I grew up in a world where there was this invisible boundary set down between me and the world around me. I felt more like an observer than an actual participant in that world. Since I’ve left fundamentalism – it has been my constant endeavor to be a part of the world. To be a part of humanity. And when I write my poetry or my books, I draw from the experiences of being raised in that environment as well as the experiences of tasting the bouquet of humanity I’d been denied all those years ago.
It’s a way to entertain people, writing is a way to connect to them, as well as a way for me to recover from the world I’d lived in all those years ago. Thank you for coming on my journey with me.