Jana Denardo spins the wheel today!
- Which (living) celebrity would you most want to have dinner with? This was the hardest one. Probably because the one I’d most like to have dinner with has passed (Leonard Nimoy). I considered George Takei (my first crush as a kid), J.K. Rowling or Tom Ellis (because he’s pretty hot as Lucifer) but yeah I think I’d like to sit down with George. I could have done this coming January because he’s on the Star Trek cruise but it’s the week the spring semester begins.
- Black licorice—yay or nay? Here’s the weird thing, I’ll drink licorice flavored alcohol without blinking an eye but no, I don’t really like black licorice the candy.
- What did one of your characters last order from Amazon? No doubt manga or a Star Trek collectible. Most of my characters are absolute geeks. I can definitely see Aaron laying in an order of manga and a Star Trek T-shirt.
- Which of your characters would make a good BFF? Aaron from Kept Tears would be a good BFF. We both like science and medicine. We’re into steampunk and anime. He’d be fun to talk to long into the night.
- Paper or plastic? I have a million canvas bags I cart everywhere. But if I had to chose, it’d be plastic because with my damaged hand, I need handles.
- Which of your characters should run for US President? I suspect all of my characters would run screaming from the very idea. Rhys is an elfin prince so he’s used to ruling but he’s not a fan of it. Actually, Agni from Soldiers of the Sun, would be good. He’s intelligent, calm and good at taking charge.
- There’s Tumblr site called Describe a Film Plot Badly. Describe one (or more) of your own book plots badly, in no more than 140 characters. What’s more deadly? Demons or a surprise family visit. – Soldiers of the Sun.
Fae assassins, elfin royalty and grad school finals, and Aaron thought losing his arm would be the toughest thing he faced. – Kept Tear
- Which would be your preferred vacation choice: a luxury hotel, an apartment in a historic building, or a tent? Hands down, historic building. I go out of my way to stay in historic hotels when I get the chance. Bonus if it’s haunted.
- Shopping—love it or leave it? Depends on the shopping. If it’s geeky collectibles, books or food, I can shop all day. Anything else I can leave it. If it’s shoe shopping, I run screaming.
Book blurb: Having left most of his arm and his self-confidence behind in the Afghanistan desert, young veteran Aaron Santori has enough on his plate learning to use his prosthetic arm. Attending graduate school at the University of Pittsburgh makes life both interesting and challenging. Mentally, he’s ill prepared for meeting Rhys Edwards, a young-adult novelist from Wales and everything Aaron could want in a man. Between the scars from the explosion and his PTSD, he’s reluctant to date. Ready or not, though, Aaron finds himself jumping into the deep end of the relationship waters.
What Aaron couldn’t possibly know is that Rhys isn’t human at all. As a prince of the Tylwyth Teg, Rhys is fae, with a list of enemies he’s accumulated over the past few centuries—among them a former lover, Morcant, who is back to make Rhys’s life miserable. An unwitting pawn in their Machiavellian fae politics, Aaron only knows he’s falling in love, never suspecting love might be his death sentence.
Book buy links: Dreamspinner – https://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/books/kept-tears-by-jana-denardo-3434-b
Author bio: Jana is Queen of the Geeks (her students voted her in) and her home and office are shrines to any number of comic book and manga heroes along with SF shows and movies too numerous to count. There is no coincidence the love of all things geeky has made its way into many of her stories. To this day, she’s still disappointed she hasn’t found a wardrobe to another realm, a superhero to take her flying among the clouds or a roguish star ship captain to run off to the stars with her.
- Website – www.janadenardo.com
- Blog – https://www.janadenardo.com/category/blog/
- Facebook – www.facebook.com/jana.denardo
- Twitter –http://twitter.com/#/JanaDenardo
- Email- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other -https://www.pinterest.com/janadenardo/
2 thoughts on “Interview Roulette: Jana Denardo”
So not surprised you chose George for your have a dinner with a celebrity. 😀
You shouldn’t be. I found one prof took off the first week of this upcoming semester making me ask if I could do the same in January so I COULD have dinner with George. My chair told me not to give her cause to kill me.