- One of your books is being made into a movie. Who would you cast for the major roles?
Troye Sivan for the role of Elliot would be bang on brilliant. Just love that guy and what he stands for.
- What is the most useless or frivolous thing you’ve ever bought?
Cat toys … they never work. Give them a paper bag and happiness ensues.
- If you were on a cruise ship for a week, what would you spend your time doing?
Writing … what else?
- Are you a nervous cleaner? (And if you are, will you come hang out at my house?)
Don’t know what you mean by nervous … more like stagnant cleaner – paralyzed with fear on just getting started.
- Describe a hobby one of your characters likes to engage in.
Singing (I come from a professional background in singing so it seemed appropriate)
- If you were to write fanfic (or maybe you already have!) which fandom(s) would it be?
Supernatural – man, would I queer that shit up.
- Flood waters are coming. You can grab only three things from your home before fleeing—what do you choose?
My (2) cats and my hubby.
- One of your characters has signed up to teach a 1-day workshop. What’s it on?
Art – Elliot is a brilliant artist.
- Aliens kidnap you and put you in a zoo. What does the sign on your cage say?
Loose cannon – watch that mouth!
- One of your characters just won a prize for doing something really well. Who is it and what prize did he or she win?
Marco Sforza – he’s a prolific and very accomplished quarterback of the Mercy High Avenging Angels and his stats are 3rd in nationals.
Born in America but reared in their father’s home of Torino, Italy, Marco Sforza has led a fairly idyllic life. The Sforzas are an ancient and powerful family with a strong ducal past. They run a vast global empire that allows Marco to enter halls of power that most men only dream of. Yet, Marco is a boy who lives in a bubble of his family’s making.
When Marco returns to America to attend high school he grooms himself to become a rising star quarterback of the Mercy High Avenging Angels. He thinks his focus is his burgeoning football career. He is all to aware he is a boy made of pure light that is meant to be seen and noticed. He is comfortable there. Until he meets a boy who shines brighter than him. Elliot Donahey is that boy. But Elliot is a boy who craves shadow and darkness to keep himself safe through another hellish day of high school.
Before he realizes it, Marco’s world becomes undone by this boy. Trapped in a script all jocks are meant to follow, Marco does his best to fit in and play along so he can play the game he loves, but this boy who hides in the shadows begins to consume his every thought and emotion.
Despite the script he’s been given to date girls, have sex, and hang with his teammates and follow along, Marco finds himself on an emotional pendulum where following that jock script only brings him further away from that world to circle the boy hiding in the shadows. Can Marco find it within himself to push against what others expect of him to find his way into Elliot’s arms? Even with all the fame, money and prestige his family brings to the table, will it be enough to gain the interest of a boy who only wants to hide from everyone?
SA COLLINS WEBSITE STORE – http://www.sacollins.com/store/index.php?catalog/all/-/name/1
SA “Baz” Collins hails from the San Francisco Bay Area where he lives with his husband, their daughter and wonder of all wonders, a whirlwind of a granddaughter and two exotic cats. A classically trained singer/actor (under a different name), Baz knows a good yarn when he sees it.
Based on years of his work as an actor, Baz specializes in character study pieces. It is more important for him as an author that the reader comes away with a greater understanding of the characters, and the reasons they make the decisions they do, rather than the situations they are in. It is this deep dive into their manners, their experiences and how they process the world around them that make up the body of Mr. Collins’ work.
You can find his works at sacollins.com, violetquillredux.com and as a co-host of the wrotepodcast.com series.
- Website sacollins.com
- Blog com sacollins.com/blog
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/sacollinsauthor/
- Twitter https://twitter.com/sacollinsauthor
- Email email@example.com