David C Dawson spins the wheel today.
- Say you met your all-time favorite celebrity, would you play it cool? Or would you utterly humiliate yourself?
I’m totally star struck! I’ve never been able to play it cool. Last year, I sang with the London Gay Men’s Chorus at the GQ Men of the Year Awards. The place was packed with gorgeous celebrities. As usual, I was late getting on stage, and ran down the hallway. I crashed straight into Chris Pine, the gorgeous new James T Kirk. I simply burbled. So embarrassing.
- Describe your dream house.
I’m so lucky; I’m living in it. It’s an old Victorian house on the outskirts of Oxford in the UK. It’s compact but just right. A garden that gets the sun all day, and it’s within walking distance of open countryside on one side, and shops, cinema and theatre on the other.
- If one of your characters were to practice a random act of kindness, what would it be?
Dominic is a lawyer, and he regularly provides free legal advice for those who can’t pay. He also gives free legal counseling at the nearby Citizen’s Advice Bureau.
- You have just been crowned leader of a small island nation. What’s your first official act?
Declare every Friday an Abba day – a day off!
- Let’s face it—there’s someplace you’ve been to and absolutely hated. Where was it and why was it so awful?
The dentist! My dentist is actually a lovely person called Clare, and she has a gorgeous hygienist called Nikolaos. Despite that, I’m quaking when I sit in the chair.
- If you could communicate perfectly with one species of animal, what would it be?
A cat of course! I have two: Fidget the boy cat and his sister Fluffy. Fidget is extremely lovable but very stupid. Fluffy can be cuddly, but is usually a bitch! I’d love to know what they’re thinking.
- If you were forced at gunpoint to sing Karaoke, what song would you choose?
Put Down That Weapon by Midnight Oil!
- What did one of your characters last order from Amazon?
Oh Dominic’s husband Jonathan will have ordered a beautiful Art Deco cocktail shaker, from an online antiques place I know of in west London. He’ll have bought it to add to Dominic’s collection.
- Make up a new word you really wish would catch on. What is it and what does it mean?
Golisch. It’s not actually new. When my sister was very young, it was the word she used for English trifle. It’s very descriptive, because trifle is so delicious!
- You have just won a lifetime supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat. Your response?
I’d bin it and make my own from fresh ingredients. No processed food for me!
Dominic and Jonathan are on their romantic Spanish honeymoon, and things are perfect… except Dominic has kept a secret from his husband. He’s failed to tell Jonathan that he plans to meet his former lover, Bernhardt, who is speeding on his way from Germany to present Dominic with a mysterious gift.
But Bernhardt is killed in a suspicious car accident. Shortly before he dies, he sends Dominic a bizarre text message that will take the newlyweds on a hair-raising adventure.
Lies upon lies plunge Dominic and Jonathan into an internet crime that could destroy the lives of millions of people. What is the mysterious Charter Ninety-Nine group? And will their planned internet assault force Dominic to choose between the fate of the world and the life of his lover?
Book buy links:
The sequel to The Necessary Deaths is published in December 2017. David is working on a romantic suspense novel for publication in 2018, and a one-off drama for British TV.
He’s travelled extensively, and filmed in nearly every continent of the world. He’s lived in London, Geneva and San Francisco, but now prefers the tranquillity of the Oxfordshire countryside in England.
In his spare time, David tours Europe on his ageing Triumph motorbike, and sings with the London Gay Men’s Chorus.
- Website: http://www.davidcdawson.co.uk
- Blog : http://blog.davidcdawson.co.uk/#home
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/david.c.dawson.5
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/david_c_dawson
- Email: email@example.com
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/DavidCDawson