Today’s Interview Roulette player is E E Montgomery!
- If you could spend a week in one historical place, where and when would you choose? I’d go to Tintagel castle at the time that King Arthur is born (assuming King Arthur is more than a myth). I want to stand on the ramparts in the wind and the rain and listen to private conversations.
- What is the oddest thing on your music playlist? The oddest thing would probably be a Nana Mouskouri album. I bought it just after my mother died because I used to listen to it with her when I was little.
- Write a story—no more than 100 words–based on this prompt: When the levee failed…. When the levee failed, so did his hope. John dragged his dog up onto the mezzanine in the barn and closed his eyes. He buried his face in Benson’s ruff and tried not to listen to the cattle as the water rose. They were on the highest ground; there was nothing more he could do for them except hope the water didn’t go that high. Thunder rolled overhead and the radio crackled through the news. He might have slept for a while, his dreams an extension of the horror. The wet dawn brought the sound of helicopters cutting through the rain, and more tears to John’s eyes.
- A genie pops up and offers to grant you one talent. What do you choose and why? Healing. Too many people suffer, sometimes because they can’t access help, sometimes because there’s no way known to help them.
- What were your favorite childhood books? I didn’t read many children’s books as a child. The first complete book I read was Alistair MacLean’s Ice Station. I was four. Shortly after that, I read Asimov’s Oceans of Venus. I had a lot of trouble when I found out the science behind that book was flawed because of lack of data.
- Which (living) celebrity would you most want to have dinner with? Either Hugh Jackman or Whoopi Goldberg. They both sound like they’re interesting people with a wealth of experiences and insights to share.
- What’s one piece of advice you would give to an aspiring author? Never stop learning, never give up. I know that’s two pieces, but they link together. Sometimes I write what I consider absolute drivel so I have to go back to the basics and work out what went wrong. That wouldn’t happen if I gave up.
When the two moons of Thalazar cross orbits, the Warrior Pledge must be completed or the cat-shifting Mafdeti nation will face annihilation. There are four who can save the people and their land: the Silver Shining from Rock, the Great Heart Farseeing, the Changeling, and the Pure. They must find each other before time runs out.
Silver-eyed Checa is Captain of the Guard for the Mafdeti. Thanks to the friendship and loyalty of Heath, son of the Mafdeti Matriarch, Checa has survived and thrived after a childhood of horrific abuse. He knows Heath is his Bond-Mate but refuses to bond with the younger man because he feels he isn’t worthy. Nor does Heath’s mother approve of her son bonding with a lowborn warrior.
Together they face deadly wing-strikes from carnivorous birds, earthquake, betrayal, ambush, and an enemy invasion, only to be confronted with the possibility that the Warrior Pledge will bond Checa and Heath to others. If Checa is to complete the Warrior Pledge, he must overcome the belief that he doesn’t deserve Heath’s love, and fight for the one man who can make him whole.
Book buy links:
E E Montgomery wants the world to be a better place, with equality and acceptance for all. Her philosophy is: We can’t change the world but we can change our small part of it and, in that way, influence the whole. Writing stories that show people finding their own ‘better place’ is part of E E Montgomery’s own small contribution.
Thankfully, there’s never a shortage of inspiration for stories that show people growing in their acceptance and love of themselves and others. A dedicated people-watcher, E E finds stories everywhere. In a cafe, a cemetery, a book on space exploration or on the news, there’ll be a story of personal growth, love, and unconditional acceptance there somewhere.
Web, blog and free short stories: www.eemontgomery.com
Dreamspinner Press: http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/AuthorArcade/e-e-montgomery
Escape Publishing: http://www.escapepublishing.com.au/author/ee-montgomery