Today’s interview roulette player is Posy Roberts!
- What is your favorite footwear? Barefoot. If I can avoid shoes, I do. When I’m forced to wear shoes, all I wear anymore are Danskos.
- If you had to spend a week snowed in at a mountain cabin with one of your characters, who would you choose and why? Just one character? Wow! You ask hard questions. Let’s see. For conversation and knowledge gathering, I think I’d liked to be snowed in with Leo from my Naked Organics series. He’s crazy smart and a founder of a commune he built from the ground up. With what he knows about gardening, sustainable energy, and cooking alone, I could easily talk to him for a week, not to mention his day job as a sex therapist. I might need more than a week, to be honest.
- Which of your characters would send you screaming out into the blizzard before the week was up? I’m going to choose a kid for this one. Finn, the son of Kevin and stepson of Hugo in my North Star trilogy. He’s a hyper kid, and I’m not sure I could handle that much energy in a small space for a week. He’s curious and wide-eyed and adorable, but I’d need a break, and more than what a night’s sleep or a nap could provide.
- Describe a traumatic weather-related experience you’ve had. I’ve had several. Blizzards, tornados, wicked thunderstorms, floods. I’m fascinated by weather, so I’m usually the one standing by windows watching when I should be seeking shelter. I was most scared when I was driving in a blizzard and there was nowhere to turn off. It was too dangerous to pull over on the side of the road because of whiteout conditions: a snowplow would destroy your car before it saw you. And every time a car passes you, you are driving blind. When driving in such rural areas where towns are miles and miles apart, you just have to keep driving despite barely seeing the road. Add glare ice to the mix, and it’s even scarier. While driving home from college on I-29, which in North Dakota is about the flattest road you can get, most traffic was going at a safe speed. Some jackoff flew passed me on a slight curve in the road, and I just shook my head because I knew how icy it was. Sure enough, the guy couldn’t turn on the ice and his car kept going straight, which meant driving right off the road. That was 25 minutes into my 5-hour drive. Thankfully it got better once I changed highways.
- Describe a memorable dream—or nightmare! I rarely recall dreams anymore, but as a child I had a recurring one. It started not long after my dad died, so I was about six. I dreamed the house was on fire and I was the only one who got out alive. Everyone else died and I was left alone. Not surprising since I’d lost my father and my grandmother the year prior, but the dreams continued for years. I occasionally have dreams that are similar, but now instead of house fires, I lose everyone in car crashes or from some travel accident.
- What is your worst phobia? As you can likely guess, fire. In fact, I rearranged part of my kitchen this weekend because I was afraid of flammable objects being too close to my cooktop. I will never live in a house with a gas stove. Yet I’m okay with fires in fire pits and fireplaces. So explain that.
- What is the oddest thing on your music playlist? It’s not on a playlist of mine, but it’s the oddest thing I’ve listened to in the last few weeks (EVER!), and I blame my daughter, one hundred percent! There’s this thing call ASMR, which stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response. It’s that feeling of tingles/static that starts at the top of you head and slides down your back and goes all the way to your fingertips, bringing about a state of low-grade euphoria. Well, there are audio and video recordings made to induce this response, and my teen found them on YouTube, felt I needed to experience this, and set me up! Yes, she set me up! Haha. Her two faves are Sand in the Ear and Playdough. Wear headphones/earbuds if you want the real experiences. You can feel free to blame my kid if you have an eargasm. Apparently Bob Ross (you know the be-permed painter of PBS fame?) induced ASMR with his “happy little tree” commentary. So yeah, odd, to say the least.
You’re home. Put down roots.
Jude Garrity visits the farmers market every Saturday. As an environmental engineering student, he’s curious about living off the grid and sustainable agriculture.
And one particular farmer.
Hudson Oliva has worked hard to support his commune, where queer people live without fear of harm or retribution. When Jude asks pointed questions about living there, Hudson realizes he needs to be honest about his home. Few people know what the farm is actually about, but Jude is insistent.
Jude moves to Kaleidoscope Gardens, however his sexual hang-ups make it hard to adjust. He’s an uptight virgin living among people who have sex freely and with multiple partners. When Jude finally loosens up, Hudson is flooded with emotions. Falling for Jude wasn’t part of Hudson’s life plan. But when vindictive rumors about the commune begin to spread, love might be all he has left.
Book buy links:
Universal Amazon Link: http://mybook.to/FarmFresh
Smash words: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/663006
Posy Roberts writes about the realistic struggles of men looking for love. Whether her characters are family men, drag queens, or lonely men searching for connections, they all find a home in her stories. Her stories are character driven and plotty, combined with various proportions of sweetness, kink, or angst, and far from predictable.
Posy is a Jill of all trades and master of the drill and paintbrush. She’s married to a partner who makes sure she doesn’t forget to eat or sleep during her writing frenzies. Her daughter, a budding author and cinematographer, helps her come up with character names. For fun, Posy enjoys crafting, hiking, and singing spontaneously about the mundane, just to make regular life more interesting.
- Website: www.posyroberts.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/posyroberts
- Twitter: @posyroberts
- BookBub: https://www.bookbub.com/authors/posy-roberts
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Newsletter: http://eepurl.com/6YnZL