Guess what! It’s Sean Michael’s turn at the wheel!
- What’s your writing style—slow and steady or full speed ahead?
I’m definitely full speed ahead.
- Write a short ode to your favorite virus or bacterium.
Ah, the plague with your black death and spores
Ah, the plague with your posies in pockets and mores
Ah, the plague with your bring me your dead whores
Ah, the plague thank god you’re no mores.
- What are three books in your keeper pile?
Just three? That’s cruel. Can I pick three authors?
Sephen King, BA Tortuga, Timothy Findlay
- Your letter from Hogwarts never arrived. Now what?
Now I join Star Fleet!
- Share an awkward teenage memory—your own or one of your character’s.
Almost all of my teenage memories are awkward! I had the same two boys sitting behind me in almost all my classes and when they were bored, they would try to get me giggling, and once I got giggling, I couldn’t stop. They disrupted classes this way all the time – to my great embarrassment!
- One of your characters has an allergy that’s proved problematic. Tell us about it.
Hmm, well Rock of the Jarheads is allergic to talking about his feelings. Lucky for him Rig and Dick both speak Rock and usually can figure things out without Rock having to say a word.
- If you could make anything edible, what would you choose?
Wouldn’t it be great if dirt was edible and was delicious? That’s what I would choose.
- Which of your characters is going to Vegas with you and why?
I think King and Dusty from Protectin Detail would be great fun to take with Vegas. First of all those guys are bodyguards so I wouldn’t have to worry about being safe. Secondly, I think they would both have a great time there, so that would enhance my time.
- What is your least favorite writing trope, cliché, or character archetype, and why?
Hmmm… If I answer this, some character’s going to come along and insist I write exactly that. So I’m going to plead the fifth on this one.
Tenor Abriole has just finished his stint as nanny for the Wilsons. He was with the family for twenty-one years, ever since he was eighteen. Now he’s looking for a new family, but finding that at thirty-nine, many people think he’s too old, and those who don’t think that’s a problem are balking at the fact that he’s a man, or that he’s gay, or both. He finally turns to Mannies Inc. for help finding a new position.
Daniel Thorpe is a well-known composer who lives and breathes music. He very much wants to be a father, so he goes the surrogate route, and winds up with triplets on the way. He turns to Mannies Inc. well before his girls are born, but so far has not been happy with any of the men who have applied, until Tenor shows up for an interview. Tenor’s experience being nanny to five children, as well as the fact that he stayed with a single family that long are both pluses in Daniel’s book.
Could it be that Tenor is the last note Daniel needs to compose his greatest work yet – his family?
Book buy links:
Evil Plot Bunny: http://www.evilplotbunny.com/index.php/composing-family-mannies-incorporated-novel-book-6-mm/
Best-selling author Sean Michael is a maple leaf–loving Canadian who spends hours hiding out in used book stores. With far more ideas than time, Sean keeps several documents open at all times. From romance to fantasy, paranormal and sci-fi, Sean is limited only by the need for sleep—and the periodic Beaver Tail.
Sean fantasizes about one day retiring on a secluded island populated entirely by horseshoe crabs after inventing a brain-to-computer dictation system. Until then, Sean will continue to write the old-fashioned way.
- Website: http://www.seanmichaelwrites.com
- Blog: http://seanmichaelwrites.blogspot.ca
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SeanMichaelWrites/
- Twitter: seanmichael09
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/seanmichaelpics/