I hope all of you are finding a bit of peace amidst the holiday bustle. My children have been shipped off to grandparents, while my husband and I fled the country. It’s been a deliciously lazy week. This is the view from our balcony:
And my big decisions have mostly concerned whether to have the next margarita poolside or on the beach.
I earned this rest! Aside from a very busy year in my day job, 2012 was extremely active for publishing too. How busy? Here’s a rundown of the year:
- Equipoise was self-published
- “Act One” appeared in Men of Steel
- Good Bones was published
- “Violet’s Present” appeared in Dreamspinner’s time travel anthology
- “Care and Rehabilitation” appeared in Animal Magnetism
- “Tyler Wang Has a Ball” appeared in Don’t Try This at Home
- Speechless was published
- “A Great Miracle Happened There” appeared in Dreamspinner’s holiday anthology
- Brute was published
- “Joys R Us” appeared in Silver’s holiday anthology
But that’s not all! Here’s what’s slated for 2013 already:
- Venetian Masks (novel) releases in January or February
- Night Shift (novella) releases in March or April
- “No Place Like Home” will appear in the Snow on the Roof anthology in February
And! I’ve just submitted a sequel to Good Bones and I’ve begun a new novel, a contemporary set in a defunct mental hospital in rural California.
See? I told you I earned those margaritas!
Thank you all so much for your support and I hope 2013 is filled with peace, joy, and love!