Just a few updates for you this evening.
- I have a release date for Venetian Masks: February 11. Yay!
- I have a blurb for Venetian Masks too:
Jeff Dawkins’s last partner left him with a mortgage he can’t afford and nonrefundable tickets for a month’s vacation in Europe. Despite a reluctance to travel, Jeff decides to go on the trip anyway. After all, he’s already paid for it. He packs a Kindle loaded with gay romance novels and arrives in Venice full of trepidation. There he meets the handsome and charming expat Cleve Prieto, who offers to serve as his tour guide. Jeff has serious misgivings—he wasn’t born yesterday, and something about Cleve doesn’t sit right—but anything is better than wandering the canals alone.
With Cleve’s help, Jeff falls in love with Venice and begins to reconcile with his past. For the first time, Jeff finds himself developing strong feelings for someone else. But he can’t be sure who that person is because Cleve’s background remains a mystery embroidered with lies.
Then a dark figure from Cleve’s past appears, and Jeff must choose whether to let Cleve flee alone or to join him on a desperate run through central Europe. Maybe Jeff will finally be able to see behind Cleve’s masks—if he survives the journey.
- I’m going to run a fun contest to coincide with the book release. The prize will be a big box of souvenirs from Venice and other locations in the book–with a value of nearly $100. Stay tuned for details!
- I’ve opened a Twitter account. Come follow me @KFieldingWrites
- In February and March I’ll be hosting a bunch of fantastic authors here.