Today G.R. Lyons joins us!
- You get to spend a day with a character from any book—but not one of your own. Who do you choose? Locke Lamora from The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch. I apparently have a thing for con artists (no wonder White Collar is my favorite TV show and Ocean’s 11 is one of my favorite films). The depth of talent and intelligence required just astounds me. The quick wit, the ability to transform into anyone at the drop of a hat, seeing all the angles and possible outcomes of particular actions necessary to pull off a job—to witness that up close and in person would be amazing. I’d just want to pick his brain apart because I can’t even fathom the skill (rather, multiple skills) required.
- Describe your ideal writing environment. I’d like to say that quiet time at home would be ideal, but there are far too many available distractions…like my ever-present TBR pile. My most productive writing times are spent at my favorite diner over a plate of strawberry-and-cream-cheese French toast (with coffee, of course! Lots and lots of coffee!).
- One of your characters has just been arrested and calls you to bail him out. Who is it and what did he get busted for? Not sure if it’s a good or bad thing I have a few from which to pick. Then again, part of my fictional world includes a ‘country’ that has an entirely free market and no government, so arrest and bail aren’t even applicable terms—crime and punishment are dealt with strictly through various forms of contracts and mediation. However, did such a thing as jail exist, the first character who comes to mind is Daivid Thaton, from Broken, and chances are great he’s been arrested for either B&E or theft. Again. Yeah, repeat offender. He’s a handful, that one. Then there’s my sweet Elliden Crawford (from Broken and Second Drafts) who was born with an extreme chemical imbalance which sometimes throws him into violent rages. Poor guy gets himself into more trouble without meaning to.
- Are you a nervous cleaner? (And if you are, will you come hang out at my house Nothing makes one clean house quite like the prospect of the parents stopping by! Though that doesn’t happen often. I’m very tidy and organized (some might say OCD), but I have to be in the mood to clean.
- What is your worst phobia? Death. It’s been a problem since I was a child. I remember being seven or eight years old when I started having panic attacks because I realized it was all going to end someday. Then again, there were also a few traumatic periods in my life during which I was inclined toward suicide. Let me tell you, being a thanatophobe and suicidal really messes with the head!
Book blurb for Second Chances:
Nineteen-year-old porn star Remy Dawes loves his job at Matchmakers, a gay nightclub, but the fantasy he portrays every night doesn’t leave room for what he really wants: companionship, love, someone to come home to, someone just for him. Who would ever take seriously a kid who practically sells his body for others’ pleasure? Thirty-five-year-old Chance Whitaker has sworn off dating younger men after having been cheated on one too many times, until the owner of Matchmakers convinces him to take a chance on Remy Dawes, a gorgeous kid who surprises Chance at every turn. As things fall apart through meddling, death, and betrayal, will there be a second chance for two people to find love? (Note: This story takes place in a fictional world, the same as the Shifting Isles series. There are multiple gods, different names for the days of the week, etc. A glossary is included with the story for those interested in the little worldbuilding details.)
Book buy links:
G.R. Lyons lives on California’s beautiful Central Coast, daylighting as an office manager for the family auto repair business. Between repair orders and after hours, Lyons can be found reading all manner of books or working on one of several manuscripts.
- Website: https://grlyonsauthor.com
- Blog (same as website)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/grlyonsauthor
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/grlyonsauthor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other: https://www.pinterest.com/doumteksonata
- Other: https://www.goodreads.com/grlyonsauthor