Today’s player is Lou Sylvre!
- What were your favorite books when you were a teenager? I can’t remember a lot of them, but the few I do recall are quite a mix! Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Tolkien), Gormenghast Series (Peake), Island of the Blue Dolphins (O’Dell), Call of the Wild (London), Confessions of Nat Turner (Styron), The Adventurers (Robbins), Watership Down (Adams), 1984 and Animal Farm (Orwell), Earthsea series (LeGuin), The Outsiders (Hinton).
- If one of your characters sent something in to PostSecret, what would it be? “I secretly think my father murdered my mother.”
- What was your favorite school subject? Least favorite? I can’t answer that straight up, because every year my favorite subject depended on my teacher. I loved science and PE in 8th grade, algebra and English in 9th, for instance. I can say the most awful class I remember was 8th grade social studies—Mr. C. made it so boring I actually got sent to the principal the only time in my life because I couldn’t stop myself from protesting. I can also tell you my number one favorite place in all years and all seven schools I attended, though—the Library.
- You have just won a lifetime supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat. Your response? I have too much experience of poverty in my lifetime to be anything but grateful.
- If you could be any other living person for a single day, who would you be? A five-year-old living in a beach town in Southern California.
- Which of your characters would make a good BFF? Sonny Bly James leaps to my mind. 😊
- If you could choose anyone on the planet to narrate an audio version of your latest book, who would it be? I know it’s not very imaginative, but I’d have to say Greg Tremblay.
- Describe one of your weird or quirky habits. I was going to tell you that I converse with my cats, but everybody does that… right? So here’s one: I pick up random rocks, and frequently get really excited about them and I have boxes with them all organized and such. Every few years I say to myself, “Hey, they’re rocks for the gods’ sakes,” and toss (most of) them outside. Usually they end up in my tiny yard, and I have strong suspicion that over the next few years they make their way back into my collection.
Loving Luki Vasquez: Reclusive weaver Sonny Bly James and ex-ATF agent and all-around badass Luki Vasquez can run from desire, but they can’t hide from the evil that hunts them. Sonny and Luki will have to call a truce and work together to fight an enemy intent on making sure loving Luki Vasquez is the last mistake Sonny will ever make.
Delsyn’s Blues: While dealing with newly formed barriers between them, Sonny and Luki become the target of a new threat from outside: an escalating and unexplainable rash of break-ins and assaults.
Finding Jackie: When Luki’s teenage nephew, Jackie, is lured into capture and torture by a sadistic killer, the honeymoon is well and truly over. The couple must put aside their differences to find Jackie before it’s too late.
Saving Sonny James: The events of the last couple of years have begun to catch up with Luki, who must break free of the subsequent PTSD and depression and get to France fit and ready in time to save his husband’s life.
Yes: From their first days together, Sonny and Luki stood united against deadly enemies and prevailed. But now the deadly enemy they face is the cancer thriving inside Luki, consuming his lungs.
Because of Jade: Luki and Sonny must combat self-doubt and fear and help each other learn to parent an unexpected child—and they must also nourish the love that has kept them whole for the past ten years.
Book buy links:
I love romance (with all its ups and downs), and I love writing it. The lovers on my pages are men They end up loving each other, and it’s all pretty sexy. How cool is that?
I live in the narrow strip of rainy land in the northwest corner of the USA. We get some sunshine, but not enough to interfere with my writing, which I do in front of a big window that lets me look out at the rain whenever my cat is not in the way.
- Website: http://www.rainbow-gate.com
- Blog: http://www.sylvre.rainbow-gate.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorLouSylvre
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/sylvre
- Email: email@example.com