Happy New Year!
After spending a good chunk of yesterday buying a new car (yay!), and being still under the influence of a cold, I went to bed at 10:30 last night. That’s how exciting I am. Both my daughters had friends spending the night. They woke me up a few minutes before midnight so we could wish each other Happy New Year, then I went back to bed.
But I also accomplished things yesterday. I finished the galley edits for the second edition of Stasis, which will release from DSP Publications in May. The new edition isn’t a huge change, but we’ve run it through several more rounds of edits to clean it up and tighten then writing. It will also have an amazing new cover by Reese Dante.
And with the assistance of my beloved beta, I got my 14th novel almost ready to submit for publication. It’s called Love Can’t Conquer, and it’s an angsty contemporary starring an urban park ranger and an ex-junkie. It’s long too–somewhere in the neighborhood of 90,000 words.
Now I have a novella to finish up for the 5th Gothika anthology (aliens!), and then a short to write for another anthology that I’m also very excited about. So 2016 shows no signs of being less busy than 2015.
Are you in the mood to do some voting? I’m really honored to have been nominated in many categories of the Goodreads M/M Member’s Choice Awards. I believe you have to be a member of the group (which you can join for free) to vote. Here’s a list of my nominations:
- Best contemporary/mainstream: Rattlesnake
- Best white collar: Astounding!
- Best anthology: Claw
- Best anthology: Spirit
- Best story that should have a sequel: The Downs
- Best paranormal: Astounding!
- Best main character: Jimmy Dorsett
- Best main character: Shane Little
- Best blue collar: Rattlesnake
- Best Love Is an Open Road story: The Downs
- Best sci-fi/futuristic/post-apocalyptic/steampunk: Astounding!
- Best hurt/comfort: Rattlesnake
- Favorite all-time m/m romance: Rattlesnake
- Favorite all-time m/m romance: The Tin Box
- Best book of the year: Rattlesnake
- Favorite all-time m/m author: Kim Fielding
Of course, there are also many wonderful nominees, so please vote for your favorites.
And Happy New Year!