Please welcome Pat Henshaw, today’s player!
- You can eat only one ice cream flavor for the rest of your life. Which is it? Chocolate chip Cherries Garcia. And, yes, I know I made that up. But it’s for the rest of my life, so I’m calling special priviledges.
- You have just won a lifetime supply of Rice-A-Roni, the San Francisco treat. Your response? Huh. I remember when I was in grade school and became friends with a girl who lived on the nearby Army base. Her mother would fix Rice-A-Roni as a special treat whenever I spent the night. Thanks for the time warp moment.
- One of your characters has a guilty favorite TV show. Tell us about it. Fredi, from Redesigning Max, loves RuPaul’s Drag Race and can sit in front of the TV for hours yelling at the contestants. Or rather, ahem, he can sit for hours giving the contestants his valuable input about their wardrobes and looks.
- What’s one thing that inspired your latest book? Frank McCord, who tells the story, is a reflection of a lot of men I’ve known who are quiet-spoken and genuinely want to help people. He’s been living too many years in the reflection of what the people of Stone Acres, California, tell him they see. The book gives him a chance to break free of their vision and become himself. This is a butterfly story.
- Pick any place in the world to spend the next 6 months. Where is it and why? Pacific Grove, California. I like the small town atmosphere and the beach. The sound of the waves lapping the shore clears my head of the clutter and makes my imagination soar. I find it much easier to write there than anywhere else I’ve ever been.
- Pick a politician and give him or her one piece of really good advice. President Trump: resign.
- If you were to write fanfic (or maybe you already have!) which fandom(s) would it be? I once wrote two short pieces of Anita Blake fanfic and sent them to a friend. But it occurred to me after I wrote them that I really don’t want to parrot anyone else’s writing style or universe. I’m too independent. Besides, I like my own style and ideas.
Everything about thirty-five-year-old Stone Acres hardware store owner Frank McCord is old-fashioned—from his bow tie and overalls to the way he happily makes house calls to his dreams of lasting romance, true love, and marriage. Frank’s predecessors have run the store and been mainstays in the small California town for over a century. While genial Frank upholds tradition and earns the respect of friends and neighbors, he fears he’s too dull and old to attract a husband.
Into his life comes handsome thirty-six-year-old electronic games designer Christopher Darling and his fifteen-year-old son, Henry. Christopher has everything Frank could want in a potential partner: charm, kindness, and compatibility. Also, he’s a terrific father to Henry. When their Stone Acres home turns out to be uninhabitable, Frank offers the Darlings temporary lodging in his ancestral farmhouse, where he and his tenant Emil reside. Since Emil thinks Frank is his, sparks fly. Suddenly, Frank’s monotonous life promises to explode with love and threatens to change him forever.
Book buy links:
Dreamspinner: : https://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/books/frank-at-heart-by-pat-henshaw-8521-b Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072HWHXNV/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494550778&sr=8-1&keywords=frank+at+heart+by+pat+henshaw
Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072HWHXNV/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1494550828&sr=8-3&keywords=frank+at+heart
Barnes& Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/frank-at-heart-pat-henshaw/1126380977?ean=2940157367909
Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/books/details/Pat_Henshaw_Frank_at_Heart?id=FU65DgAAQBAJ
Pat Henshaw, author of the Foothills Pride Stories, has spent her life surrounded by words: Teaching English composition at the junior college level; writing book reviews for newspapers, magazines, and websites; helping students find information as a librarian; and promoting PBS television programs.
Pat was born and raised in Nebraska where she promptly left the cold and snow after college, living at various times in Texas, Colorado, Northern Virginia, and Northern California. Pat enjoys travel, having visited Mexico, Canada, Europe, Nicaragua, Thailand, and Egypt, and Europe, including a cruise down the Danube.
Her triumphs are raising two incredible daughters who daily amaze her with their power and compassion. Fortunately, her incredibly supportive husband keeps her grounded in reality when she threatens to drift away while writing fiction.
- Website: http://patbooked.blogspot.com
- Website: www.pathenshaw.com (under construction)
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pat.henshaw.10
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/phenshaw
- Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Pat-Henshaw/e/B00BPDEDEA/ref=sr_ntt_srch_lnk_1?qid=1436131610&sr=8-1
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org